Expressions of interest sought for Arts position Mid North Coast
Position: Arts/Cultural Festival Strategist
The Mid North Coast is a wonderfully creative area as well as one of outstanding natural beauty. Bellingen, in particular, is known for its festivals. Two long running small festivals, The Bellingen Music Festival (BMF) and The Bellingen Readers & Writers Festival (BRWF) have combined to win a grant from Regional Arts NSW to contract an experienced arts administrator/professional to support these festivals and help move them onto a more sustainable footing. We are looking for a dynamic person with a strong interest and experience in the arts for this exciting position.
It is envisioned that this position will be filled by the end of January. The contract is for two years and about $9,000 per annum is available.
- providing advice, guidance and support to the festival committees;
- improving and implementing the festivals’ sponsorship and fundraising strategies;
- consolidating and improving the brand and image of the festivals;
- systematising and implementing the marketing and publicity strategies to ensure strong growth;
- creating events manuals that are easy to follow for new committees;
- designing and implementing systematic evaluation strategies.
Demonstrated successful experience in:
- Events management, particularly in the arts;
- Fundraising and sponsorship and Marketing and publicity.
- A self-starter with good organisation skills.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of the issues related to running small events in regional areas.
- Access to office resources.
Please send expression of interest addressing the selection criteria with your CV to John Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org by COB January 23.
For further information call Rosie Wickert on 0419 401 901.