This position is a permanent part-time fixed contract for a period of 3 to 6 months with possibility of extension dependant on funding.
Start Date Monday 4 July 2016 - End Date Monday 31 October 2016
The position will be located in Coffs Harbour, but travel will be required.
The Aboriginal Project Officer will contribute to the development and implementation of SWFWAA cultural projects and events, including planning, programming, promotion, logistical management, community engagement and evaluation.
The role is also responsible for the coordination of professional and community based contractors, suppliers, volunteers and community participants involved in projects and events.
The successful applicant will report to the General Manager and be skilled at working in a small and busy team environment.
The following essential criteria must be met to apply for this position:
- Demonstrated experience in the planning, coordination, financial administration and delivery of projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal people and culture and previous experience working effectively with Aboriginal communities. Demonstrated ability to utilise the culturally appropriate protocols and processes required to effectively engage with and build mutually rewarding relationships with Aboriginal communities.
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills, ability to meet deadlines and to work with minimal supervision.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills & demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong networks with relevant organisations, social and community services, and other government agencies.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated experience utilising various computer software programs including word processing, email, internet & spreadsheets.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence and the ability to undertake regular regional travel.
Please call Chris Spencer, General Manager SWFWAA on 02 6658 1315 for more information and how to apply or this position.