NAVA offers a range of grants, awards and scholarships to support and develop the work of visual arts, craft and design practitioners. To find out more, or to apply, please browse the links below.
Windmill Trust Scholarship for Regional NSW Artists
Established in 1997 in memory of the artist Penny Meagher, the emphasis of the Windmill Trust Scholarship is to enable artists from regional NSW to be part of the professional art making community.
This scholarship provides assistance towards the cost of:
• exhibiting work such as framing, freight, space rental, promotion, artists' fees, installation and documentation
• professional development and education
• independent artistic research or practice such as studio rental, material or labour costs.
Funding Available: Individual applicants are eligible to apply for funding of up to $10,000 + GST.
Important Dates: Applications close 23:59 AEST Saturday 10th June 2017.
New South Wales Artists’ Grant
The NSW Artists’ Grant has been initiated by NAVA to assist professional visual and media arts, craft and design practitioners residing in NSW to produce, present and promote their work throughout NSW, interstate and overseas. Artists residing in regional NSW and Western Sydney are encouraged to apply. This program is funded by Create NSW, an agency of the New South Wales Government and supported by the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, an initiative of the Australian State and Territory Governments.
This grant provides assistance towards the costs of:
- Production of new creative work
- Presentation of work in a venue
- Residencies involving the production of new work/ presentation of new work
- Production and distribution of an artist’s publication or portfolio
- Setting up a website, preparing a publicity campaign
Funding Available: Individual applicants are eligible to apply for funding of up to $1,250 +GST. Group applications are eligible to apply for funding of up to $2,500 +GST. An individual exhibiting in a group show can apply for individual funding but the assessors may choose to limit the funds going to any one exhibition.
Important Dates: This grant operates in quarterly rounds. Applications for this round close 23:59 AEDT Saturday 22nd July 2017. Funds from this round can be used for projects or exhibitions taking place in October, November, December 2017 and January 2018 only.
Eckersley's Art & Craft is generously sponsoring a $250 gift card to one applicant in this round of the the NSW Artists' Grant. Only NAVA Premium and Premium Plus Members are eligible.