There are a number of steps you can take with a number of low cost suggestions made below:
There will be a local Tourism Association in your community that you can talk to about joining and what they offer. Why not make the first contact and ask if you can come along to their next meeting to see how they work? The larger organisations are listed below but you may also have a smaller Chamber of Commerce or other local association in your community
- MidCoast call 6554 8799, or email email@example.com
- Greater Port Macquarie Tourism Association. 0418 837 683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Macleay Valley Coast Tourism. 6566 3113 or email Kristy.Forche-Baird@kempsey.nsw.gov.au
- Nambucca Valley Tourism Association. 6568 6954, email email@example.com
- Tourism Coffs Coast. 6651 7766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
However there are a number of steps you can take yourself to build relationships and partnerships with the tourism industry.
- Check out accommodation providers near you. See if they have a website which highlights Local Things to See & Do and get listed. You can have an open day or get together to show a number what you do. If you are holding such an event you should invite others such as the volunteers that may work in the local Visitor Information Centre.
- See if there are operators that you can partner or package with. These may be other arts related or could be different package with an accommodation provider to give their guests a discount or a special tour or activity.
- If you have a flyer see if others will display your flyer, you may have to reciprocate. If you don’t have a flyer this maybe something package with other like operators.
- Explore relationships with local cafes, community hubs and gathering points to see who will display your flyers or event posters.
- Establish a relationship with your community paper and make sure you keep them informed of any change, new addition or special event you may be offering.
As the tourism agency for the North Coast region, Destination North Coast is well positioned to work with stakeholders to drive, coordinate and support the sustainable management and development of tourism across the region to help sustainably grow the North Coast visitor economy and in doing so support the NSW Government’s goal of doubling overnight visitor expenditure by the year 2020.
Suite 3/109 Molesworth Street, Lismore, NSW 2480 email email@example.com
Telephone 61 2 6622 7429
State & National
Each year Destination NSW’s consumer website www.visitnsw.com attracts millions of visits from consumers seeking travel information and booking assistance. In addition the site channel up to a million active sales leads directly to thousands of NSW tourism businesses. Your event or attraction can be part of this exposure.
However before operators can tap into this source of business they need to register their products and services on the central database managed by the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) that feeds the product information to Australia’s official travel websites.
This is an excellent opportunity to get your product into the market place and all its takes is for you to GET CONNECTED It costs nothing, reaches millions of domestic and international travellers and will help your business reach its potential. So to register go to http://getconnected.dnsw.com.au
Once registered you will as an attraction or an event get the chance to submit a 50 to 150 word description and high quality images which you can keep updated. Membership of Get Connected is required for funding opportunities such as the Regional Flagship grants.