This program aims to enhance the techniques that health practitioners employ when implementing creative movement activities in care or rehabilitation.
The program demonstrates ways in which movement:
- increases coordination, strength and flexibility while releasing body tension and improve balance;
- creates a familiar environment in which the participants enjoy movement and music in a safe, supportive environment.
It is customised for health practitioners who have a limited or no background in creative movement, focusing on:
- dance styles
- the relationship between dance and music
- the use of rhythm in dance exercises, and
- the creative process.
Participants will gain knowledge and skills to:
- incorporate creative movement in rehabilitation, care and wellbeing programs,
- confidently engage in experiences that resonate with their clients.
This is a FREE fully subsidised training for health and care workers in the Great Lakes area offered by Hunter New England Local Health District (HNELHD) in partnership with TAFE NSW with the assistance of State Training Services.
Ideal for physiotherapists, occupational therapists, rehab specialists, aged care nurses and anyone who runs Movement Programs in Health, Care or Rehabilitation.
To enrol, contact Teresa Conicella – Head Teacher.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph: 0408 430 275
This listing was submitted to Arts Mid North Coast as part of our free content service. if you would like to submit arts news, events and business listings to this site please click here to learn more.
Arts Mid North Coast have made every effort to check the accuracy and integrity of all content prior to publication.