This listing was submitted to Arts Mid North Coast as part of our free content service. if you would like to submit arts news, events and business listings to this site please click here to learn more.
Arts Mid North Coast have made every effort to check the accuracy and integrity of all content prior to publication.
A unique heritage theatre presenting cinema and live events located in the heart of Bowraville the Theatre is run by the Bowraville Arts Council and its volunteers. Built in 1940 it was at the hub of the social activity on a Saturday night for a number of years before changes in use led eventually to it falling into disrepair and vacant use.
In 2000, The Bowraville Arts Council was established to plan the purchase and restoration of the theatre. It reopened its doors in 2003. Since then, the Bowraville Theatre has been the venue for a remarkable variety of film and stage performances and is once again a creative hub for the community.
It has 13 rows of raked seating with two side aisles. Its 208 seats are classified as Stalls (118 seats) and Dress Circle (90 seats). A disabled/wheelchair platform at the back of auditorium can accommodate 5 wheelchairs and is accessible from the foyer only.
- Large foyer and café
- There are no dressing rooms or backstage facilities in the building however they do have a two room site shed acting as a dressing room behind the theatre.
- There is no Green Room.
- Lighting/Power. 3 Phase Power, Chromateq 1.7.Retractable lighting bar with wash lighting, and fixed led lights on stage, some swivel. Digital projector and screen.
- Control Desk: An open control desk overlooks the stage from the top stage right of the auditorium, giving a clear view of the stage and a location for the Sound and Lighting desk operator/s. Box is open to auditorium sound.
- Sound. SCS with VLC media player. Sound mixer: Behringer x32 producer
- Back of house support available
- Booking system: Sticky Tickets. Mostly operated on cash and phone bookings.
- Mailing list plus Bowraville Arts Council annual membership lists
- Hire fees: Hire fees are flexible, with lower rates for community groups. Can do full hire, box office split or paid shows.