Charles Sturt University (CSU) is Australia’s biggest regional university. It has campuses in some of Australia’s fastest growing cities, offering the best of urban living combined with the relaxed regional lifestyle. Locations include Albury-Wodonga, Bathurst, Canberra, Dubbo, Goulburn, Orange, Port Macquarie and Wagga Wagga.
CSU has been delivering courses in Port Macquarie for four years, making it easy for you to gain a nationally and internationally recognised degree from a world-class university facility right here on the Mid North Coast.
At Port Macquarie, you can study a Bachelor of Creative Arts and Design (Graphic Design), a Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations), or a Bachelor of Communication (Advertising) on campus in CSU’s dedicated studio spaces. You will be mentored by professional staff in an environment that fosters collaboration, innovation and cooperation – enabling you to develop critical thinking, creativity, technical and artistic skills.
As a CSU student, you’ll benefit from lecturers who are passionate about what they do, and still practice within the industry. As part of your degree, you’ll have the opportunity to gain valuable industry experience. And upon graduation, you’ll be job-ready, joining a family of alumni who are leaders in the Communication and Creative Industries, both nationally and internationally.
You can also study online. CSU is Australia’s most experienced online university educator, offering courses in communications, design, public relations and more. The advantage of studying online with CSU on the Mid North Coast is that you can still access all the facilities at the Port Macquarie campus – including IT and library facilities, as well as sporting and social activities.
Talk to one of CSU’s friendly Student Advisers and start your journey with CSU in Port Macquarie today on 1800 334 733.
Why study at CSU in Port Macquarie:
- this course is tailor-made to meet the demands of industry and the aspirations of highly motivated students by developing creative, theoretical and technical skills
- on-campus students receive hands-on experience through an extensive workplace learning program in their second and third years
- graduates are eligible to apply for Associate status with the Design Institute of Australia (DIA) and the Australian Graphic Design Association (AGDA).
- excellent graduate employment rate; CSU’s Advertising graduates are often the first choice for advertising and media agency employers
- you will be taught by industry professionals
- you will gain extensive practical experience working with real clients in Kajulu Communications, CSU’s award-winning student marketing communications agency
will gain extensive practical experience working with real clients in Kajulu Communications, CSU's award-winning student marketing communications agency, enhancing employability even further;
- you’ll have the opportunity to gain workplace experience by doing an internship, giving you access to potential employers and even more experience for your resume
- the course is only one of a few Australian degrees with professional accreditation from the International Advertising Association (IAA) and the Media Federation of Australia (MFA).
- this course is assessed by the university to be a Nationally Outstanding course, accredited by the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA).
- all organisations, large and small, from multinational corporations to local charities, need people who can communicate effectively to key groups in the rapidly-changing world of social media
- graduates are highly sought after and are considered to be at least 12 months more experienced in a practical sense than those from competing universities.