Skip to content

Connecting Communities & Culture

Insurance for Individual Artists

The information & links contained in this article were published in 2019 and may no longer be current. We recommend checking the following sections for more recent content - ,

There are a number of insurance options for Individual artists and artsworkers available.

Regional Arts NSW now offers insurance for Individual Artists through their Artsure by Finsura insurance package, tailored for individual artists not covered by Regional Arts NSW group insurance policies. To find out more head to

Regional Arts Victoria offers Individual Memberships for practicing artists and artworkers across Australia. Members are able to access this individual Public & Products Liability Insurance. For enquiries go to

Flying Arts Alliance Accredited Membership and General Liability Insurance package is offered to artists and arts workers engaged in activities related to professional practice.


A range of other peak and specialist bodies and organisations may also offer appropriate insurance cover including:

Duck for Cover is a not for profit association offering affordable insurance for performers (including workshops)

The National Association for the Visual Arts, (NAVA) offers an insurance package as part of its premium professional membership for visual artists.

Ausdance has worked with insurance company Aon to develop a comprehensive dance insurance package designed for the specific needs of the dance industry.

The Association of Community Theatre acts as an umbrella group for amateur and community theatre groups. Members are entitled to access a group insurance policy.


Photo by Spencer Selover from Pexels
Scroll To Top