The information & links contained in this article were published in 2019 and may no longer be current. We recommend checking the following sections for more recent content - Policy & Research
This Plan by Create NSW released in 2019 seeks to ensure that all New South Wales benefits from cultural infrastructure. The Plan articulates the strategic priorities for New South Wales to be a place where:
- Culture is recognised as an integral part of communities and a key element of creating great places for people to live, work, visit, play and do business. Cultural infrastructure planning is integrated with state and local planning processes.
- Everyone can access the infrastructure they need to make culture part of their everyday lives.
- There is increased availability of affordable, fit-for-purpose and sustainable space to support the growth of the cultural sector and creative industries.
- Cultural infrastructure delivery and funding is supported by partnerships across NSW Government, local councils, cultural organisations, philanthropists and business.
- Greater Sydney’s three cities become a leading cultural capital in the Asia-Pacific and continue to grow the visitor economy, employment and growth.
- Creativity and access to culture thrive across NSW through a strategic and coordinated approach to cultural infrastructure planning.
The full Plan is available at: